Metairie and Jefferson Parish Maritime Accident Lawyers
In Greater New Orleans and throughout South Louisiana, the Ates Law Firm aggressively protects your rights when you are the victim of a car or truck accident injury, work injury, injury caused by a defective product or an instance of medical malpractice.
Our boutique personal injury law firm's founding attorneys Robert Ates and Paula Adams Ates are trusted civil litigators who genuinely care about your future. Their combined decades of experience and dedication to your needs can be a source of comfort to you and your family as you seek help for the many challenges you face — lost income, medical bills, and the pain and suffering of your recovery.
The most important part of your personal injury case is to recover your health. At the Ates Law Firm, we will help you receive proper medical care so you can make the fullest possible recovery. No amount of money can compensate you if you don't have your health.
With law offices in Destrehan and Gretna, our lawyers represent clients in Greater New Orleans, the River Parishes and throughout Louisiana. Contact the Ates Law Firm for a free initial consultation.
Ates Law Firm — Personal Injury Practice Areas
For more information about a specific kind of case, please click on one of the following links:
- Car accidents — Most car accidents are not "accidents" at all. They are avoidable events caused by negligence.
- Distracted driving accidents — No phone call or text message is more important than the lives of surrounding motorists. We hold the distracted driver accountable for the destruction he or she causes.
- Motorcycle accidents — If you are injured in a motorcycle wreck, it's important to hire an attorney who understands the vehicle dynamics and handling of motorcycles. As motorcycle riders ourselves, we do.
- Truck accidents — Was the driver who injured you an employee of the trucking company involved or an independent contractor? Hiring a lawyer who knows the difference can make a huge difference in the amount of insurance available to pay for your damages.
- Accidents involving large commercial vehicles
- Uninsured and underinsured motorist insurance — With the increasing number of uninsured and underinsured drivers on the road, it is absolutely essential that everyone obtain the maximum amount of UM/UIM coverage.
- Defective roadway accidents — Some accidents are caused not by other drivers but by defects in the roadway. Proving roadway defects requires experts in accident reconstruction.
- Boating accidents — When an underage, distracted, negligent or careless boater causes a serious accident that injures you
- Construction accidents and oil rig accidents — Representation for workers whose accident injuries may be more than a simple workers' compensation situation
- Longshore and harbor workers, maritime law and Jones Act claims — Protecting the rights of those who are injured during dangerous work at sea
- Defective products — For victims of products that were poorly designed and manufactured, and marketed irresponsibly.
- Medical malpractice — Has a licensed health care professional betrayed your trust?
- Catastrophic injuries such as brain injury, back and spinal cord injury, and paralysis
- Wrongful death — When fatal injuries in an accident are caused by negligence
- Class actions and toxic torts
With all that you are facing during your recovery from your accident personal injury, the Ates Law Firm eliminates your worries over the cost of our quality legal services. The contingency fee basis for our work means that you owe no attorney fee unless we win your case.
Contact us. You can speak with one of our experienced, compassionate New Orleans personal injury lawyers toll free, to arrange your free initial consultation, where we evaluate your case and answer your questions. Call 888-874-9159. We can come to you if your medical condition prevents travel.